Two (or three or four) heads are better than one! Team Fundraising isn’t just for sports teams or clubs, any GoFundMe organiser can feel empowered to call on their friends and family to help raise funds for their cause. Whether it’s a drive for your local food bank or for a loved one in crisis, team fundraising can help provide the support you need.
For example, if you would like to start a memorial fundraiser for a loved one who has passed away, getting team members on board can help your fundraiser run more smoothly. You will be able to share responsibilities like posting updates and sending thank yous. And perhaps more importantly, they can also help to support you emotionally as you navigate the best way to honour the memory of someone you care about.
Alternatively, if you want to hold a team fundraiser for an actual team, it’s a great feature that will allow each member to track how many donations they’ve raised and thank any donors who contributed on their behalf personally.
On your team fundraiser, the GoFundMe organiser will be able to:
- Add or remove a team member
- Send a message to your team
- Display how much each team member has raised on your fundraiser
- Set a team photo
- Come up with a team name
You will have the option to remind your team mates to share your fundraiser. The more they share, the more likely you are to hit your target! Send a reminder through your dashboard to share the fundraiser with at least 20 contacts.
Your team members will also have their own features when they sign up! They can:
- Post updates to the fundraiser
- Thank donors in their own name
- Send messages to the team
- View how much they've raised for the fundraiser
Follow these directions to set up a team and add team members:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select the "Team" tab on your dashboard
- Select "Fundraise as a team"
- Click the green button that says "Send requests via email" or copy and paste the link provided in a direct message to your team members
Once they accept, your team members will have access to the features listed above, and you will be able to track how much each member has raised.