If someone gives you a donation outside GoFundMe or you would like to record your own contribution, you can add it as an offline donation. Offline donations will count towards your target but won't be charged any fees, since they aren't processed through GoFundMe.
Only the organiser should follow the steps outlined in this article. If you are the beneficiary, team member or donor, please contact the organiser to add an offline donation to the fundraiser.
To add an offline donation from a desktop or mobile browser, please:
- Sign in to your account
- Once you are on the "Manage" screen for your fundraiser, scroll down
- Select "Donors"
- Next to the "Search" bar, select the three vertical black dots
- Select "Add offline donation" and enter the donation information
- Select "Add donation" to save the information and add it to your fundraiser
To add an offline donation from the GoFundMe app:
- Open the GoFundMe app
- Click "My fundraisers" at the bottom and select your fundraiser.
- Go to the "Manage" section for your fundraiser
- Scroll down and click "Donations"
- Select the plus sign (+) in the bottom right-hand corner
- Enter the donation information and click "Save"
Once you've completed the appropriate steps, your donor's name, donation amount and comment will appear on your fundraiser. You can only send a thank you note to your offline donors through the GoFundMe app. Learn more.
NB: Since offline donations are already in your possession, you won't be able to withdraw them from GoFundMe. Offline donation is a feature that enables you to record an accurate total on your page, including what may have been given to you in person.