You will have a couple of options when you've finished raising funds and you’d like to end your fundraiser; you can either delete the fundraiser completely or turn off incoming donations. In this article, we’ll explain each option.
Delete your fundraiser
If you go with this option, posting a final update is a great way to let your supporters know that you're closing it for good. Please bear the following in mind:
- The fundraiser will still show up on your dashboard as "Inactive" even when it is deleted, but it will not be publicly visible. However, you will not be able to access the fundraiser at all once it has been deleted.
- Only an organiser can delete a fundraiser through their account. If you are the beneficiary or team member for a fundraiser, please contact the organiser to delete it.
- Deleting your fundraiser will not automatically refund your donors. As long as your withdrawal information has been verified, deleting your fundraiser will not have an effect on your outgoing withdrawals.
Follow these steps to delete your fundraiser from inside your GoFundMe account:
- On the "Your Fundraisers" page, click "Manage" on the fundraiser you want to delete.
- Choose the "Edit and Settings" button next to your fundraiser title (on a mobile device simply select "Edit" from the bottom menu).
- Click "Delete fundraiser" at the very bottom of your screen.
- Type "delete" into the form as confirmation, and click "Delete fundraiser". When this is completed, you'll see a green banner at the top of the screen showing that the fundraiser has been deactivated.
Steps to delete a fundraiser shown above.
Turn off donations, but keep campaign active
This option will enable you to turn off incoming donations but keep the fundraiser visible on GoFundMe. We strongly recommend this option as it enables you to continue posting updates, leaves a record for future reference and helps inspire others. Being able to look back at a successful fundraiser reminds supporters of the special part they played in making positive change happen.
Follow these steps to turn off donations from inside your GoFundMe account:
- On the "Your Fundraisers" page, click "Manage" on the fundraiser you want to turn off donations for
- Choose the "Edit and Settings" button next to your fundraiser title (on a mobile device, simply select "Edit" from the bottom menu).
- Untick "Allow donations to my fundraiser" at the bottom
- Select "Save"