Pictures and videos can help share your story and appeal to your donors in a significant way. When adding a picture, make sure to select images that are good quality and highlight your fundraiser.
You can add photos in two places on your fundraiser:
- Your main image - This is what appears at the top of your fundraiser. It's also the image that will appear when you share your fundraiser on Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Your story - This appears below the main image. You can add as many pictures and/or videos as you like.
To edit your pictures/videos that you've already added to your fundraiser:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select "Your fundraisers" and then select the fundraiser you would like to edit
- Select "Edit & Settings" and the select the "Photo" tab
- Click the "Change" button and then select "Upload photo"
- Select the image you want to add and then select "Save"
Troubleshooting tips for uploading a photo
- Make sure your image isn't too small. 550 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall is the minimum acceptable size. We recommend anything 720x405 or higher.
- Make sure your image is in landscape format. Pictures in portrait format don't display as well for your main image.
- Try using another web browser or device if the photo upload tool is not working.
If you'd like to add videos to help tell your story, check out the clip below for tips on how to create the perfect video with your smartphone:
Note: If you are uploading a video, you'll need to upload it to YouTube first. Then, you can add the YouTube link to your video on your fundraiser page.
For additional support and advice directly from other GoFundMe Organisers, please have a look at our GoFundMe Community.