If you would like to withdraw your funds to a Trust account or as an organisation that has not been issued a registration number or tax ID, there are a couple of things to consider. Please read the following carefully to determine which is best for you. If you are asked to upload documents and are having trouble with that process, please use this secure form to send your documents to us.
Unincorporated Organisation or Club
If your organisation is a club or is unincorporated, please make sure to read through the following for best practice when setting up withdrawals:
- If your organisation is not connected to a registration number, you can enter 0s (zeroes) when prompted for your tax ID/registration number. You will also need to submit a registration document (or a club charter confirming the establishment) for the organisation, signed and dated within the year by the association or club's president or main chairperson.
- You will need to upload a valid form of official photo ID belonging to the person responsible for withdrawing (ultimate beneficial owner), as well as the organisation’s bank statement
If the organisation that you are withdrawing your funds to is a Trust account you will need to:
- Provide the full name of the trust account
- Be (or be in contact with) a trustee of the account
- Know if the trust has a tax ID or if it’s connected to an individual’s name
Additionally, our payment processor may require further verification before they can send funds to the Trust account, including the following:
- The name, email address and a copy of both sides (front and back) of the government-issued ID for the individual setting up withdrawals.
- If the trust is connected to a tax ID, you will need to enter the tax ID and provide a copy of its government registration.
- A picture of a bank statement for the trust account. We'll need a clear picture of a bank statement that displays all of the following information:
- The bank logo or bank letterhead (must be issued by the bank)
- The trust’s name as the account holder
- The bank account number entered in your GoFundMe account
- Your sort code (if in the UK)
Please also note the following:
- If you don’t have a bank statement, you can also upload a photo of a crossed cheque that shows the entire cheque from edge to edge and meets the above requirements.
- If you bank online, it's unlikely that you will be able to take screenshots of your account, but you should still be able to download a statement from your online account.
- The photo is clear and displays all four corners of the document.
- the file size must be between 100 KB and 2 MB.
- The statement must be no older than 3 months.
- The file type must be a JPG or JPEG.