As a campaign organiser, it's easy to cancel or delete your GoFundMe from within your account.
First, some important information:
- Removing your GoFundMe campaign does not automatically refund your donations. To learn about issuing refunds, please see: How to Issue Refunds on GoFundMe
- Removing your campaign does not affect your withdrawals at all. Any pending withdrawals will continue to process if you take down your campaign.
- Before ending your fundraiser, we strongly recommend posting a final update to your campaign. A final update will reduce confusion among your supporters about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations.
- Only a campaign organiser can end or delete a GoFundMe. If you're a beneficiary or a team member, you need to contact the creator of the campaign.
Next, to end your GoFundMe, you have three options to choose from:
- Turn donations off but keep the campaign fully visible on GoFundMe. To do this, select the green "Edit" button under your campaign title (on a mobile device, you simply need to scroll down). Then go to the "+ Additional options" area. Here you will see the option to turn donations on or off.
- Deactivate your campaign. To do this, select the green "Edit" button under your campaign title (on a mobile device, you simply need to scroll down). Then go to the "+ Additional options" area. You will see an option to "Deactivate Campaign" at the bottom of your screen. When you select this button, you'll be asked to post a final update on your account or you can skip the post and simply deactivate the campaign.
- Deactivate your campaign and delete your GoFundMe account entirely. To do this, go to your Account Settings (three bars at the top of your screen or the Me icon on the mobile app) and scroll to the bottom. There, you will see an option to "Delete Account".
Please note that when deactivating a campaign, a summary version will remain so that people can still see your main image and how much you raised. Please contact us if you would like this removed.
Note: If your GoFundMe has been completely removed by our team but is still showing in Google searches, you can use this link to request that Google removes it from their search index.