You can easily cancel or delete your GoFundMe from within your account.
First, some important information:
- Removing your GoFundMe campaign does not automatically refund your donations. To learn about issuing refunds, please see: How to Issue Refunds on GoFundMe
- Removing your campaign does not affect your withdrawals at all. Any pending withdrawals will continue to process if you take down your campaign.
- Before ending your fundraiser, we strongly recommend posting a final update to your campaign. A final update will reduce confusion among your supporters about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations.
Next, to end your GoFundMe, you have three options to choose from:
- Turn donations off, but keep the campaign fully visible on GoFundMe. To do this, navigate to the "Edit" screen from your campaign management Dashboard, then to the "Campaign Settings" area (or "More Settings" on the mobile app). Here you will see the option to turn donations on or off.
- Deactivate your campaign. To do this on a desktop or mobile browser, go to the "My Campaigns" area of your account. Under the campaign you would like to remove you will see an option to Deactivate. (On the mobile app, just go to the Edit screen and scroll to the bottom to find this option.)
- Deactivate your campaign and your GoFundMe account altogether. To do so, navigate to your "Account Settings" screen and scroll all the way to the bottom. There, you will see an option to delete your account.
Please note that when deactivating a campaign, a summary version will remain so that people can still see your main image and how much you raised. Please contact us if you would like this removed.