First, some important information:
- Removing your GoFundMe account does not automatically refund your donations. Click here to find out how to do that.
- Removing your account does not affect your withdrawals at all. Any pending withdrawals will continue to process if you take down your account.
- Before closing your account, we strongly recommend posting a final update to your campaign. A final update will reduce confusion amongst your supporters about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations.
Next, to remove your account from GoFundMe, follow these steps below.
From a desktop or laptop computer, please:
- Sign In to GoFundMe at http://www.gofundme.com/sign-in/ and click your name at the top-right of the screen
- Click 'Account Settings' from the drop-down menu
- Click the 'Account Status' link on the left menu, then click on the 'Delete Account' link
- Verify your selection by clicking the link 'Click here to permanently delete your account'
From a mobile phone, please:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account and click on the ‘Menu’ button in the upper left corner (the white square with the three green lines)
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- Click on ‘Account Status’, then click on ‘Delete Account’
From the GoFundMe app, please:
- Click on the ‘Menu’ button in the upper left corner (the three lines)
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom right corner, then click on ‘Account Settings’
- Scroll down and select ‘Account Status’, then click on ‘Delete Account’