Not at all - your campaign will be able to accept donations even after your goal is reached.
Once the goal is reached, the progress meter on your campaign will show that you have received more than your goal amount. If you would like to continue raising money, you can keep your campaign running for as long as you would like.
You can also increase your goal amount at any time with these steps:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Click on "Edit" from the menu at top of your Dashboard
- From there, change your goal in the "Goal, title & theme" tab
- Click on "Save Changes"
From a mobile device or the GoFundMe app, please follow these steps:
- Sign into your GoFundMe account
- Click on the three white lines in the upper left hand corner
- Click on "Edit" and then click on the current goal amount to change it
- Press "Save Changes"
If you decide to raise your goal amount, we also recommend posting an update to let your supporters know why you have raised your goal.