Pictures and videos can help share your story and impact your donors significantly. When adding a picture, you'll want to be sure to select images that are of a good quality and highlight your campaign.
You can add photos to two places on your campaign:
- Your main image — This is what appears at the top of your campaign. It's also the image that will appear when you share your campaign on Facebook, Twitter, etc. You will need a main image to create your campaign
- Your story — This appears below the main image. You can add as many pictures and/or videos as you'd like.
To edit your pictures/videos:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account and head to your dashboard
- Choose the green "Edit" button under your campaign title (or if you're on a mobile device, simply scroll down and choose "Edit")
- Select "Photo" to change your main image, and select "Story" to edit the photos/videos you added to your story
Troubleshooting tips for uploading a photo
- Make sure your image isn't too small. We recommend pictures that are 550 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall or photos with a similar aspect ratio.
- Make sure your image is horizontally orientated. Portrait-shaped pictures don't appear well as your main image.
- Try using another web browser or device if the photo upload tool keeps loading.
Note: If you are uploading a video, it will need to be uploaded to YouTube first. Then, you can add the link to your video onto your campaign page.