You can make a donation to any GoFundMe using most major credit and debit cards.
When making your donation, you will want to make sure that you are making the payment using your name as it is listed on the card. If you need to change the way your name appears afterwards, you can always edit your name.
Donations may fail for a few reasons, including:
- Typos in your card number, CVV code or postcode
- The donation name does not match your card's billing name
- Insufficient funds or card declines by credit card issuers (can happen if your donation attempt seems outside your normal spending habits)
- Browser issues or issues with your internet connection (sending encrypted card information requires a strong internet connection)
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot this:
- Enter the registered name and post code exactly as seen on your billing statements.
- Try your donation again using a different web browser and/or device.
- If all else fails, call your bank and ask them to make sure they are not blocking the payment
If that did not work, please contact our team and we will help you troubleshoot your donation. Make sure to let us know if you have already tried some of our troubleshooting tips!
If you only donated once to a campaign but see extra pending charges on your bank statement, do not worry! It does not necessarily mean that you will be charged multiple times.
Credit card companies sometimes show attempted charges on statements as a security precaution to let their customers know how their cards are being used. These charges will usually drop off within 24 hours of your payment attempt, once your bank sees that the payment did not actually go through.
Please click on the Contact Us button below if you are still seeing those charges after a few days.