When donating on GoFundMe, you can make it so your name won’t be visible to the public on the fundraiser page. For security reasons, you can’t make an entirely anonymous donation, and the organiser, team members, beneficiary and others will be able to see your name and, sometimes, email address. You can find more information about how we process your information in our Privacy Notice.
You’re required to enter the name on your credit card or payment method when making a donation, but you can select to not display your name publicly on the fundraiser page. Using a name other than what's on the payment method you’re donating with may result in your donation being refunded or rejected.
For more information about the donation process, please click here.
How to make your donation 'Anonymous' on the fundraiser page after donating:
Please note, you’ll only be able to edit your donation within 14 days of the donation being made. If you’d like to remove your name from the public fundraiser after 14 days, please contact our team for help.
- Locate the donation receipt in your email; if you’re having trouble finding it, try searching for 'Thank you for your donation to' in your inbox
- Scroll to the section titled "Increase your impact"
- Select the green, underlined "Add a comment", which will bring you to your GoFundMe account
- Select “Edit” in the display section
- Check the box that says “Don’t display my information publicly on the fundraiser.”, click “Save”
If you don’t have your donation receipt, please follow these steps to request a new one through our contact form:
- Follow the link to our contact form here
- Enter your email address at the prompt and click "Get donation receipt"
How to make your donation 'Anonymous' on the fundraiser page before donating:
- Visit the GoFundMe you’d like to support and select the "Donate Now" button
- Choose the 'Don't display name publicly on the fundraiser' option underneath the donation amount and name fields
- Click 'Donate now' to finalise your donation