The person withdrawing to the organisation's bank account must be a beneficial owner. A beneficial owner is someone with significant responsibility to control, manage, or direct the organisation (e.g., a Chief Executive Officer, Vice President, Treasurer, or a controller).
Important: These directions will not apply to you if you created a certified charity campaign. Learn more about the two campaign types here.
Beneficial owner withdrawal set up
- Select 'Withdraw' from your campaign dashboard
- Select 'Myself'
- Choose 'Organisation'
- If you do not see the “Organisation” option, simply fill out your name and personal information when verifying your identity and your organisation’s banking information when prompted to add banking information
- Fill in the organisation details, your personal identity information (you will not be liable for taxes) and your organisation’s bank details
Sending an invitation to a beneficial owner
If you’re not the beneficial owner but you are in touch with the person who manages the money at the organisation, select "Withdraw" and choose "Someone else" to send them a beneficiary invitation.
If you’re not affiliated with the organisation, you will withdraw the funds to your personal bank account by clicking "Myself and Personal" and send the funds to the organisation outside of GoFundMe. Just be sure to make it clear in your story that you will be the one handling funds.
Occasionally, our payment processor will need extra information to verify your organisation after you've submitted your bank details. When this happens, they will pause your withdrawals while they wait for you to send them the documents they requested via email.
Documents that may be required include, but are not limited to:
- A form of official photo ID for the beneficial owner and/or anyone with a 25% stake or greater in the organisation
- A copy of the organisation’s governmental registration, such as your Articles of Incorporation
- The organisation’s bank statement
- A document that shows your connection to the organisation, such as a pay slip or an organisational chart
If you cannot locate that email from in your email inbox or spam folders, please contact the Customer Happiness team so that we may assist with forwarding the documents to them.