Note: The directions below will not apply if you selected a tax ID when first signing up. For charity campaigns, withdrawals will go through the PayPal Giving Fund.
If you didn't select a tax ID when you signed up , you must be in contact with the person who manages the funds for the organisation (also known as the beneficial owner).
If you are not affiliated with the organisation you must withdraw the money to your personal bank account and send the money to the organisation outside of GoFundMe or add a beneficiary to do this.
If you are authorised to deposit for an organization, please follow these steps to withdraw:
1. Select "Withdraw" from your campaign dashboard
2. Select "Myself" and "Organisation"
3. Enter the organisation and account owner details (that’s you!) and select "Finish"
4. Enter your organisation’s bank account details
If you’re in touch with the person who manages the money at the organisation, select "Withdraw" and choose "Someone else" and "Organisation" to send them a beneficiary invitation.
Occasionally, our payment processor will need extra information to verify your organisation after you've submitted your bank details. When this happens, they will pause your withdrawals while they wait for you to send them the documents they requested via email.
Documents that may be required include, but are not limited to:
- A form of official photo ID for the beneficial owner and/or anyone with a 25% stake or greater in the organisation
- A copy of the organisation’s tax registration, such as a Letter of Determination in the US
- A document that shows your connection to the organisation, such as a pay slip or an organisational chart
If you cannot locate that email in your inbox or junk folders, please contact our Customer Happiness Team so that we can help you forward the documents to them.