The person withdrawing the funds and depositing them in the organisation's bank account must be a beneficial owner. A beneficial owner is someone with significant responsibility for controlling, managing or directing the organisation (e.g. a Chief Executive Officer, Vice President, Treasurer or a financial controller).
Important: These directions will not apply to you if you have created a registered charity campaign. Find out more about the two campaign types here.
Beneficial owner withdrawal set-up
- Select 'Withdraw' from your campaign dashboard
- Select 'Myself'
- Choose 'Organisation'
- If you can't see the 'Organisation' option, simply fill in your name and personal details when verifying your identity and your organisation’s bank details when prompted to do so
- Fill in the organisation details, your personal identity information (you will not be liable for taxes) and your organisation’s bank details
Sending an invitation to a beneficial owner
If you’re not the beneficial owner but you are in touch with the person who manages the money at the organisation, select 'Withdraw' and choose 'Someone else' to send them a beneficiary invitation.
If you’re not affiliated with the organisation, you will withdraw the funds to your personal bank account by clicking 'Myself and Personal' and send them to the organisation outside of GoFundMe. Make sure that you state in your story that you're the person who will be handling funds.
Occasionally, our payment processor will need extra information to verify your organisation after you've submitted your bank details. When this happens, they will pause your withdrawals while they wait for you to send them the documents they requested via email.
Documents that may be required include, but are not limited to:
- A form of official photo ID for the beneficial owner and/or anyone with a 25% stake or greater in the organisation
- A copy of the organisation’s governmental registration, such as your Articles of Incorporation
- The organisation’s bank statement
- A document that shows your connection to the organisation, such as a pay slip or an organisational chart
If you cannot locate that email from in your email inbox or spam folders, please contact the Customer Support team so that we may assist with forwarding the documents to them.