To raise money for someone else, you first need to make sure that your beneficiary is qualified to withdraw funds in the country and the currency that you signed up with. To withdraw, they will need to be at least 18 years of age, be located in a supported country and provide the following:
- A bank account in your country
- A physical address in that country
- A phone number in that country
- A Tax ID in that country
- A government-issued ID
United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Netherlands:
If you are finished creating your account and are ready to set up your beneficiary, simply click on "Withdraw" on your GoFundMe Dashboard at any time and you will be asked whether you are raising money for "Myself" or "Someone Else".
If you select the "Someone else" option, you can enter your beneficiary’s name and email address to send them a beneficiary invitation. Once they have accepted the invitation, they will have sole access to withdraw donations. A separate beneficiary account will be created for them. They can sign in to this separate account and withdraw via bank transfer. Bank transfers take 2-5 working days to arrive.
Your campaign page will also reflect that you are raising funds on behalf of your beneficiary once the invitation has been sent.
Note: if you have already withdrawn some of the funds, this option will not appear. Please contact our team to find out how to best handle your situation if you need to change where the funds are going after withdrawals have started.
Australia and all other EU countries (Stripe):
You will not be able to invite someone else to withdraw from GoFundMe directly. Instead, you will need to do one of the following:
- Withdraw the funds personally and deliver them to your beneficiary outside of GoFundMe
- Verify your identity using all of your own personal information when setting up the account. If your beneficiary is comfortable, you can then simply add their bank information instead of your own. All funds will be sent to their account automatically moving forward.
If you have any questions or don't see the options you are expecting, please contact our team so we can help ensure that your account is set up properly.