If you are raising funds for a beneficiary, we strongly recommend that they withdraw the funds directly, for these reasons:
- You are not personally liable for any taxes that may apply
- Future donors will see your beneficiary is receiving the funds directly, further adding to your campaign's credibility (Click here for an example of how this looks.)
- Your beneficiary can easily withdraw the funds and leave automatic withdrawals turned on
To invite someone else to accept their donations, just click on the "Withdraw" button on your Dashboard and select the option for "Someone Else" to withdraw. If you do not see this option, please contact our team.
If you have considered these points and would still like to withdraw the donations, it is best that you post an update on the campaign that explains:
- How you are related to the beneficiary
- That you will be withdrawing the funds in your name
- How exactly you will be delivering the funds to the beneficiary
If you have already sent an invitation, click on "Cancel Invite" on the beneficiary information screen.
If you have not sent an invitation, you can click on "Myself" or "I Will Withdraw" on the beneficiary invitation screen.