If you are raising funds for a beneficiary, we strongly recommend that they withdraw the funds directly, for these reasons:
- You are not personally liable for any taxes that may apply
- Future donors will see your beneficiary is receiving the funds directly, further adding to your campaign's credibility (Click here for an example of how this looks.)
- Your beneficiary can easily set up automatic withdrawals and receive all funds directly
To invite someone else to accept their donations, just select the "Withdraw" button on your Dashboard and select the "Someone else" option to withdraw. If you do not see this option, please contact our team.
If you have considered these points and would still like to withdraw the donations, it is best that you post an update on the campaign that explains:
- How you are related to the beneficiary
- That you will be withdrawing the funds in your name
- How exactly you will be delivering the funds to the beneficiary
If you’ve already sent an invitation, select "Cancel Invite" on the beneficiary information screen.
If you haven't sent an invitation, you can select "Myself" on the beneficiary invitation screen to enable you to withdraw the funds to your own account.