After an invitation has been sent, beneficiaries need to take the following steps to accept the money:
- Check the email address used to send the invitation
- Open the invitation from GoFundMe
- Select "Accept Money" inside the invitation email
- Set up their GoFundMe password and create their account
- Confirm their email using a second separate message that is sent to them
- Log back in to GoFundMe and follow the steps to receive the funds
If you or your beneficiary encounter a problem, please check the junk mail folder of the email account where the invitation was sent to. If it’s still not there, you can try one of these options:
- If there is an existing GoFundMe account for this email address, try going straight to GoFundMe and log in. Once you've logged in, the option to "Accept" will be displayed.
- If there is not an existing GoFundMe account for this email, try signing up for a new GoFundMe account using the email account that the invitation was sent to.
- If you're having trouble with this, please contact our team and we can help you to reset your password or check that the invitation was sent to the correct address.
If the invitation was sent to the wrong email address, the organiser or campaign creator can also click the option to send an invitation to another email address from within their account.