When a beneficiary invitation is sent from a GoFundMe organiser, it will be in an email with the subject line "An invitation to accept money". If you are having trouble accepting the invitation, please ask the organiser to send it to a different email address if you have one.
If you can’t see the email in your inbox, the easiest way to resolve it is to either sign in or sign up for GoFundMe.
- If there is an existing GoFundMe account under your email address, try signing in to that account. After signing in, the option to "Accept" the invitation will show up automatically.
- If there is not an existing GoFundMe account under your email address, sign up for a new GoFundMe account using the email that the invitation was sent to. After signing in to your new account, the option to "Accept" the invitation will show up automatically.
If the invitation was sent to the wrong email address and was not claimed, the GoFundMe organiser can cancel the beneficiary invitation using these steps, from within their GoFundMe account:
- Click the "Withdraw" icon
- Choose "View beneficiary overview"
- Scroll down and select "Cancel invitation" (as shown below)
- Then, the organiser can click the option to send an invitation to the correct email address