This article is a guide for GoFundMe beneficiaries that have been added to a fundraiser by an organiser. Before adding a beneficiary to your fundraiser, make sure that they meet all withdrawal requirements for your selected currency and are currently located in a supported country.
How a beneficiary account works
When an organiser adds a beneficiary, an email invitation is sent asking them to claim the beneficiary account. Once the beneficiary has accepted that invitation, a separate but linked GoFundMe account is created for them. The beneficiary can then access the funds and request a withdrawal while still allowing the GoFundMe organiser to manage all other aspects of the fundraiser.
How to receive funds from a fundraiser created for you
- Check your email for the invitation that the GoFundMe organiser should have sent you
- Select "Accept Money" inside the invitation email
- Set up your GoFundMe password and create your account
- Confirm your email address using a 2nd separate message that is sent to you
- Log back in to GoFundMe and follow the steps to receive the funds
Important information after you've accepted your beneficiary invitation:
- As the beneficiary, you’ll have sole access to the funds raised on your fundraiser.
- You'll need to withdraw the funds within 90 days of the first donation otherwise all donations will be refunded.
- You will need to use your own email address and password to access the beneficiary account and make changes to your withdrawal settings (such as updating your bank account).
How to make changes to your fundraiser as a beneficiary
If you would like to make changes to the GoFundMe, such as editing the GoFundMe description or adding photos, you will need to ask the organiser to do this on your behalf.
You can also ask your organiser to transfer the GoFundMe to you, so you can have direct access to all the editing features. To have the GoFundMe transferred to you, contact our team here and we’ll help with the transfer process.