If you're expecting money in your bank account and it hasn't arrived, we recommend that you take the following steps:
1. Double check how long it's been since the transfer was started. Transfers take 2–5 working days (Monday to Friday) to arrive in your bank account from the date sent.
If it has been less than 5 working days since the money was sent out from GoFundMe, check for the money again on the evening of the 5th working day
If it has been more than 5 working days since the money was sent out from GoFundMe, check with your bank to see if they can find the credit to your account within the expected dates
2. If a transfer hasn't arrived within 5 working days, this is usually due to an error in one of your bank account numbers or the name sent with the transfer doesn't match your account holder name.
Double check your bank details and re-enter them in your account.
To edit or re-enter your bank details, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in here
- Find your "Withdraw" button
- Select "View withdrawal summary"
- Select the pencil to the right of "Bank details"
- Add your new account information and select "Confirm" to complete the change
Once you've updated this information, it can take up to 10 working days from the date the transfer was sent for the receiving bank to reject the transfer and send it back to your GoFundMe account. At that time, the funds will be sent again using your updated information.
3. If you haven't received your funds within 10 working days after they were sent, and they have not returned to your GoFundMe account, please contact our team and we can help!
For more information on how withdrawals work in general, see this article.