If you close your bank account or if you’d like to send your fundraiser’s remaining funds to a different account, you can update your bank details to a different bank account in your name.
NB: GoFundMe does not verify whether the information entered is accurate, so please double-check and make sure you're only entering your own bank details.
To change the bank account that your funds are sent to, follow these steps after signing in to your account:
- Select the fundraiser you want to edit
- Click the "Withdraw" button
- Click the edit or pencil icon next to "Bank information"
- Select a bank to log in to or select "Manually add your bank details"
- Enter your new bank account information and save the changes
Once this new information has been verified, all future withdrawals will be sent to this new bank account. Please bear in mind that withdrawals take on average 2-5 working days to reach your bank from the date they’re sent.
If your account is in a European country and is connected to Stripe or is a registered charity fundraiser connected to PayPal Giving Fund, the process is slightly different. Please read more about changing your bank account on European Stripe here and registered charity withdrawals here.