This article explains everything you need to know to make changes to your fundraiser after it’s already been created.
How to edit your fundraiser:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top of your screen.
- Choose "Your fundraisers". Locate the fundraiser you’d like to view and click "Manage".
- Choose the "Edit and Settings" button under your fundraiser title. On your mobile device, simply select "Edit" at the bottom of your screen.
From there, you can update the public information shown on the fundraiser as well as edit the fundraiser settings by scrolling down. Don't forget to save your changes before moving on!
For beneficiaries or team members who did not create the fundraiser, you’ll need to contact the GoFundMe organiser to request that they make changes to the fundraiser on your behalf. If you contact GoFundMe for assistance with edits to your fundraiser, we will still need the GoFundMe organiser’s permission before we can take action.
From the "Edit" button, you can change:
- Fundraiser story
- Goal amount
- Fundraiser title
- Main image of the fundraiser
- Fundraiser link
- Add a team
- Turn comments on/off
- Turn donations on/off
- Deactivate your GoFundMe
Advice about editing your target amount
If you reach your fundraising target, your fundraiser will still continue to accept donations. If you don’t hit your target, you can still keep your funds.
If you decide to increase your target, we’d recommend posting a fundraiser update to explain why you made that change and how the additional donations will be used.