Here at GoFundMe, we understand the need to hide your information for reasons of privacy. If you would like your campaign to be removed from the public search directory and only be visible to people who you share your campaign link with, then all you need to do is switch to a private campaign.
To make your GoFundMe private, please follow the steps below after you've completed your campaign:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- View your dashboard (or choose the campaign you wish to edit by going to "My campaigns" in the three-lined menu at the top of the page)
- Choose the "Edit" button (below your campaign title or on a mobile device, simply scroll down to find "Edit".)
- Select the "+ Additional options" button
- Untick the box next to "Make my campaign public"
Note: If you or your visitors share your campaign's direct link on social media accounts such as Facebook, anyone who views your campaign link will be able to access the campaign.
If you want to create an anonymous campaign or hide your name, then we highly recommend that you contact a close friend or family member who can create the campaign on your behalf. They can also withdraw the money and send the funds to you outside of GoFundMe.
Please keep in mind that we promote transparency between campaign organisers and their supporters. Donors feel much more comfortable donating to a campaign when they know exactly who is running it and in charge of the funds. This also provides them with a main point of contact to come to with any questions.