Thanks for choosing to support a GoFundMe fundraiser. You’re making a big difference to someone in need. Below, we’ve outlined some useful details and tips to make the donation process as simple as possible.
- How to make a donation
- Payment options
- Tipping options
- Donating in a different currency
- Problems making a donation
When donating to a GoFundMe fundraiser, the minimum donation amount is £5.00 and the maximum donation amount is £30,000.
How to make a donation
You don’t need to sign up for a GoFundMe account to make a donation. But if you have an account and are signed in when you donate, you can easily keep track of and manage your donations.
Follow these steps to make a donation:
- Find the correct fundraiser and select "Donate now"
- Enter the amount you’d like to donate and add an optional tip
- Enter your payment details under "Payment method"
- To donate as 'Anonymous' on the fundraiser page, tick the box next to 'Don't display my name publicly on the fundraiser.'
- If it's a team fundraiser, you can add your referral with the "Referred by" drop-down menu. If you weren't referred, keep "Select Team Member" ticked.
- Confirm donation and optional voluntary contribution amount, then click "Donate now". You’ll be sent a confirmation receipt
Now that you’ve made your donation, you’ll be able to share the fundraiser and leave words of support.
- Share the fundraiser: Sharing the fundraiser will help to promote it, which can help raise more funds. Just choose one of the options under "Now help spread the word".
- Add words of support: These will be publicly visible on the fundraiser page. Click "Continue" on the sharing page and then type your message under "Show more support".
Based on your location and the location of the fundraiser, you have several options for donating.
Debit and credit card payment options
- American Express (charity fundraisers excluded)
Digital payment options
These options differ by country, so please review this article for details about which digital payments are available in each country.
Donors have the option to leave a tip for GoFundMe.
By leaving a voluntary tip, you’re helping us do more good in the world and your generosity helps us provide a safe and secure experience for you and others in our community. The tip can be changed to any amount you’re comfortable with or you can change it to 0 if you would prefer not to leave a tip.
You can learn more about editing the tip amount here.
Donating in a different currency
What to know about donating in different currencies
You can donate to a fundraiser raising money in a currency different from your own, but it's important to be aware of the currency the fundraiser is using. You can see the fundraiser’s currency on the public fundraiser page and on the "Enter your donation" box when you’re making your donation.
Enter the amount you want to donate in the fundraiser’s currency. You’ll then be charged the equivalent of that amount in your own currency.
Fees for donating in different currencies
GoFundMe does not charge conversion fees, but your bank might do. If you've got any questions, please contact them directly.
Unfortunately, GoFundMe can’t process donations from Belarus, China, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, Lebanon, Macedonia, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Sudan, Syria or Ukraine. However, we’re working to expand services to support people in more countries.
Problems making a donation
Enter your information carefully
Please use your own card and email address to make a donation. Do not use someone else’s card or donate on their behalf. For the payment information, you need to enter your name exactly as it shows on the card. During checkout, you’ll be able to donate as 'Anonymous' on the fundraiser page by ticking the box next to 'Don't display my name publicly on the fundraiser.'
If you’re receiving an error message or your donation isn’t processing, please try the following:
- Make sure that the information and spelling you entered matches the card or the digital payment account you’re using. We've found this is the most common cause of errors during the donation process, so it's important to double-check.
- Clear your internet browser history by clearing cache and cookies, using a private browser or trying a different device.
- Use a different payment method or contact your bank to ensure that there are sufficient funds and the bank isn’t blocking the transaction.
For your protection, multiple donation attempts within a short amount of time may result in the donation failing. If you've tried all of these steps and the donation still won't go through, it’s best to wait 24 hours and then try again. If you’re still having trouble, you can click the "Contact Us" button to contact our team.