Finding a campaign
In order to make a donation, you will need the campaign URL but you don't need a GoFundMe account to donate.
If you haven't got the campaign URL, find any public campaign on the GoFundMe home page. Just scroll over or click "Search" at the top of your screen if you're on a computer or tap on the magnifying glass icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen if you're on a mobile device.
We recommend that you search by any of the following criteria:
• The full name of the campaign organiser
• The full name of the beneficiary
• The campaign title
After you land on the campaign page, you can simply click on "Donate Now" to get started.
Best practices when donating
To prevent your donation from being automatically refunded:
- Donate with your own personal card and from your own device. Do not use anyone else's card
- Donate using your own name. Don't use a nickname. If you would like to change your name after you've made a donation, you will be able to do so from your receipt.
- Try not to donate multiple times in a row. Instead, it's best if you donate one larger amount.
Donations can be made to any GoFundMe campaign using most credit and debit cards. Here's list of accepted payment methods:
- American Express
- Sofort (for German donors)
- GiroPay (for German donors)
- PayPal accounts (These are specifically for certified charity campaigns)
Note: Don't forget to double-check the currency of the campaign before submitting your information!
If you're donation isn't going through for some reason, please see this article for tricks and tips.
All personal campaigns and charity campaigns created prior to 3 November 2016 only accept donations by credit or debit cards. We do not accept PayPal contributions unless you're donating to a charity campaign that was created after 3 November 2016.
If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the campaign organiser to ask whether they are able to receive your donation another way.
To do this, visit the campaign you'd like to donate to and click or tap on the envelope icon next to the campaign organiser’s name. This will allow you to send them a direct message.