You (as the organiser, or friend/family member of the deceased) have two options when considering how to approach this situation: to transfer the fundraiser to someone else or to close the fundraiser. For either option, please contact our customer support team with the documentation below and we can help you with the next steps.
Transfer the fundraiser to someone else
This is the preferred option if the beneficiary hadn't set up withdrawals. We can work together to add someone as the new beneficiary and withdraw the funds.
- A clear and unobstructed picture of the new beneficiary's official photo ID (driving licence, National Identification card or passport).
- A copy of a document stating that the account holder is deceased. This can be the obituary or the death certificate. Please note that the obituary or other documents will need to state the new beneficiary's relationship to the deceased.
- A letter stating that the original account holder is deceased and confirming that the new account owner would like to refund the donations or transfer ownership to themselves.
- A copy of the original account holder's will or legal documentation that provides details regarding their executor.
- The email address of the new account owner.
End the fundraiser
This is the preferred option if withdrawals had already been set up, because any remaining donations will automatically be sent out using the bank account information provided by the beneficiary. At this point, it would be best to work with their bank to get access to the funds.
- A clear and unobstructed picture of your own official photo ID.
- A copy of a document stating that the account holder is deceased. This can be the obituary or the death certificate. Please note that the obituary or other documents will need to state your relationship to the deceased.