Documents won't be needed for every customer, but our payment processor may request them in order to ensure that your money reaches you safely. Even if you’ve already received some money, we may need you to upload additional supporting documents to send your remaining balance.
How to upload documents
- Start the process by either clicking the link provided in the email with the subject line "Action required - withdrawal set-up failed" or from the "Bank transfers" section of your GoFundMe dashboard
- Select the "Confirm your identity" section under "Automatic transfers"
- For personal details, you’ll do the upload using the "ID document" button and for bank details, you’ll use "Upload bank document"
Documents must meet the following requirements:
Personal government-issued ID
- Not expired
- Full legal name that matches the one on your bank statement and the name entered for transfer set-up
- Clearly visible colour photo
- Front and back of ID (as separate images) or full passport photo page
- Show all information – nothing should be blanked out
- The file size must be at least 100 KB and no larger than 10 MB
- JPGs work better than PDF formatting
Personal bank statement
- Full legal name
- Bank logo
- Account or IBAN number
- Less than 30 days old
- Sort code (if in the UK/ ROI)
NB: For ease of verification, all of this information should be shown on one page. If shown on multiple pages, the document may need to be sent for an additional manual review.
All requirements listed above must be included and printed on the document, not handwritten. If you don't have a statement available that meets these requirements, you may use a crossed cheque, a signed and stamped direct deposit form or a bank letter.
Organisation’s bank account
- Please click here if you are transferring funds to an organisation’s bank account.
Trouble with document verification
If your documents haven’t been verified, it’s probably due to one of the reasons below. We’ve suggested a solution for each, but if you continue to have trouble, please contact our team by submitting your documents here. For all uploads, make sure that the image is high quality and all information is clearly readable.
- Names on your ID and bank statement do not match the name entered during transfer set-up
- The ID or passport you are uploading has expired
- Submit your document here so that our team can help
- Bank statement shows a credit union member number rather than an account number
- Ask the bank for a statement showing the last 4 digits of your account number
- Bank statement is more than 30 days old
- Ask the bank for a recent bank statement
- Bank document does not show your name, the last four digits of your account number or your bank’s logo
- Ask the bank for a statement showing the necessary information