When inviting someone else to receive fundraiser funds, please ensure they meet all the requirements by reviewing this article. Once a beneficiary is added, their name will appear on the campaign page along with the organiser's.
Please ensure your beneficiary has the following documents:
- Official government-issued identification. This can be a driving licence or a passport.
Official bank statements including the following information:
- The bank logo or bank letterhead (must be issued by the bank).
- Their name as the account holder.
- The bank account number they will use to receive the funds.
- The sort code if in the UK or Ireland.
- Our payment processor may require this documentation to verify account details.
Once you've confirmed they meet the requirements, please follow the instructions below:
- Click "Set up transfers" on your dashboard
- Select "Someone else's bank account" under “Whose account will the funds be transferred to?”
- Make sure to confirm your own email and then click "Get started" under "Invite a beneficiary"
- Enter the beneficiary's first and last name (this will show publicly on the fundraiser page) and their email address, then click next
- Confirm the that the information you've entered is correct and then select "Send invite"
If you receive an error message, please try sending the invitation to a different email address. Your beneficiary may have an existing account that's causing the error.
After this has been sent successfully, your beneficiary will receive an email to accept the funds.
Note: Please keep watch in your email inbox (and spam folder) for an email from our team titled, 'Important Message from GoFundMe'. If you receive that, please respond there as soon as possible. Our team will need to work with you to complete further verification before funds can be sent.