Here you will find some common troubleshooting issues to help you set up withdrawals. If you created your account in Canada, or in the US after September 30th, 2020, these steps may not apply to you, as your account could be connected to a different payment processor. You can read more about that process in this Help Centre article. This article covers the topics listed below:
- Where do I start?
- Have I set up my business details correctly?
- It says my date of birth is not valid.
- It's not accepting my phone number.
- I can't upload my ID
- I got an error when adding my bank details
- I need to update my information
Where do I start?
After selecting your organisation type, you will be sent to our payment partner’s secure onboarding portal so you can submit your information directly to be reviewed.
You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Once you click "get started", you will be prompted for the following information:
Bear in mind that you need to complete all three sections:
- Company details
- Bank details
- Ultimate Beneficial Owner
Complete this in order starting with the company details.
When starting the process, you first need to enter your "company details". Please update your business name! The system automatically adds your campaign link as your business name so you will have to change it.
- United States - Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Australia - Australian Business Register
- England - Companies House for businesses and Charity Commission for England and Wales for charities
- Ireland - Companies Registration Office for businesses and Charities Regulator for charities
- Italy - Agenzia delle Entrate
- France - INSEE (Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques)
- Germany - Handelsregister (German Trade Register)
- Netherlands - Kamer van Koophandel
- Spain - Agencia Tributaria
Is your organisation’s name recorded differently on your bank account?
Still enter your legal business name in the legal business name field, and then enter the name on your bank statement in the "Doing business as" section shown below:
It's not accepting my phone number
When adding your phone number, do not include the country code. Simply select the applicable country flag in the drop-down menu. Remove all spaces before and after your number and any dashes within your number.
If you added your bank details and received an error message, you may need to submit a bank statement for review. When uploading your bank statement, please make sure the following are visible:
- Your bank logo or bank letterhead (must be issued by the bank)
- The organisation name as the account holder
- The bank account number entered in your GoFundMe account
- Ensure it is less than 3 months old
There can be multiple Ultimate Beneficial Owners of a company. You will need all of their details in order to proceed.
Note that you will be asked for the following:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
If there are multiple entries for one individual, you can remove them by clicking the box:
Once a section is completed and verified, then it will show up in green as "finished". If it does not show as "finished" when you have submitted the information, additional documents may need to be uploaded. Please check sections that say "incomplete".
If you are asked to upload an ID before completing the personal details and you're getting an error message, you will need to add a new image in order to move to the next step.
Please note, your UBO details won’t verify if the name entered is not an exact match for the name listed on your ID document.
It says my date of birth is not valid
If it says your date of birth is not valid, please try setting up your withdrawals from a Google Chrome browser.
I can't upload my ID
The images must meet the following criteria:
- the photo must be in colour
- The photo must be clear and show all four corners of the document
- The file size must be at least 100 KB but no larger than 2 MB
- The file type must be a PDF, JPG or JPEG
Here are some examples:
If you get an error when uploading your image, try this:
- Turn off flash and try a new image
- Crop the image more closely without cutting off the corners
- Use a Chrome browser and try and an incognito window
Editing your Information
If you have already entered your information but need to make changes, you will need to go back to your withdrawal page. To do that, simply follow these steps:
1. [Sign in to your GoFundMe account](https://www.gofundme.com/sign-in)
2. Select the "Withdraw" button
3. Select "View withdrawal overview"
4. Select the pencil to the right of "Bank details"
If you need any further assistance, please contact our support team here.