Fundraisers with compelling images relating to the cause you're raising funds for can promote engagement from potential donors, which can lead to increased donations. If you haven't got a specific photo you'd like to use, you can use these templates on Canva to create a unique visual for your fundraiser!
Choose one photo or video to be the main image on your page, but you can add more to your story if you'd like.
When considering which images to choose, ask yourself a few questions:
- How does this image help tell my story?
- What feelings does this image evoke?
- What kind of image would inspire me to donate?
How to upload your cover photo
Our platform requires you to select a main image or video in order to launch your fundraiser, but you can edit that at any time by following these steps after signing in to your account:
- Select “Edit" below your fundraiser title
- Select the "Change" button under "Cover media"
- Upload a photo or add a YouTube video and click "Publish changes"
Keep these tips in mind for your cover image:
- Use JPEG, PNG or BMP file types
- The file size should be less than 20 MB. The recommended main photo size is 720 x 405 pixels or higher
- Make sure that your image is horizontal (landscape orientation)
- If you’re using someone else’s image, consider whether you have the rights to use it
How to upload photos in your story (web browser)
To add more photos to your story, follow these steps:
- Select "Edit"
- Scroll to the story section
- Select "Edit" to expand your story text box and then choose the Photo button
- Select your image, click "Done" and then select "Publish changes"
How to upload photos in your story (GoFundMe app)
- Select the "Edit" tab in the bottom menu
- Scroll and tap into the "Story" section
- Choose the Photo button and then either take a photo or upload a photo from your device