Our main goals are always to ensure that donors understand how their donations are handled and to help make fundraisers as successful as possible. One way to make this happen is to ensure that your fundraiser is completely transparent.
When withdrawals are on hold, it's because our team sent the GoFundMe organizer an email titled "Important Message from GoFundMe' or ‘Urgent Message from GoFundMe - Action Required" addressing the hold. This email could be hiding in your spam, junk, or inbox folders - so please check there.
In order for the withdrawal hold to be lifted, your story must include the following information:
- Who you are and where you’re from
- Your relationship or contact to the parties you're raising funds for
- How the funds will be spent (be as specific as possible)
- Your withdrawal plan to get the funds from the fundraiser to the person that they're intended for
- If a beneficiary has been added, make sure your story includes the beneficiary’s name and relation to your cause
If you are the GoFundMe organizer, simply reply to our initial outreach and our Community Management or Trust & Safety team will be able to finalize their review.
If you are the beneficiary, you may not have received an email. So, we recommend asking the GoFundMe organizer to make sure the information listed above is included in the story before getting in touch with our team.
Once the GoFundMe organizer has replied directly to our outreach, a member of our Community Management or Trust & Safety team will review the account within one business day. You’ll either receive a reply from our team letting you know the withdrawal hold is lifted, or the next time you sign into your GoFundMe account the banner mentioning that the funds are on hold will be gone.