Welcome! GoFundMe is the world’s largest crowdfunding platform, with over $5 billion raised so far. With a community of more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives.
With GoFundMe, it’s easy to raise funds quickly for the causes you are most passionate about. Donors from all over the world can securely donate using any major credit or debit card. Backed by the GoFundMe Guarantee, GoFundMe is the safest, most secure platform for giving. The GoFundMe Guarantee protects donors’ generosity and ensures funds are sent to the right person.
Signing up is completely free and every donation is yours to keep, whether or not you reach your goal. While it’s free to launch your GoFundMe, fees are deducted from each donation. For more information on our fee structure, click here.
Before you get started, here is an overview of what to expect when you start a GoFundMe.
Creating your GoFundMe campaign
- To get started, just click here to sign up.
- If you’re raising funds for yourself or a friend, you can create a personal campaign. If you're raising funds for an organization, contact our team using the button below to discuss your best options.
- The process is simple to complete and allows you to create a high-quality GoFundMe from your mobile device or computer.
- To create a compelling story, make sure to write a thorough campaign story and use high-quality photos and videos.
- Don’t forget to customize your GoFundMe link to make it easier to remember! The GoFundMe link is the easiest way for your supporters to locate and donate to your GoFundMe.
Sharing and Managing Your GoFundMe
Once you've finished creating your GoFundMe, you will be taken through all of the options to share. If you're not ready to share yet, don't worry. You can simply review all of the sharing options, but skip until you reach your Dashboard. You'll be able to set up or edit your sharing preferences at any time.
Check out a tour of your GoFundMe Dashboard below:
- When you're ready to share, we make it easy to share your GoFundMe link via social media, emails, direct messages, and text messages.
- We completely understand that it may be difficult to ask your friends and family for help. It’s important to note that most of your donations will be from people you personally know or who are familiar with your cause.
- Your friends and family can still share your GoFundMe with their extended networks even if they are unable to donate. This can help you gain more exposure and also establish credibility for your GoFundMe.
- Each time you receive a new donation, you will be notified via email so you can thank your donors.
- To keep donors engaged, we recommend posting frequent updates to your GoFundMe as well.
- For some more inspiration, check out this helpful article that includes 25 tips and tricks for sharing your GoFundMe here.
Collecting Your Donations
- You can set up your withdrawal information at any time after you launch your campaign, but will be prompted to do so as soon as you receive your first donation. Verifying this information can take some time and bank transfers take 2-5 business days to arrive, so you'll want to plan ahead for this.
- All information entered during the withdrawal process is completely encrypted and locked in monitored databases. Your safety and security is our top priority.
- In most countries supported on GoFundMe, if you are raising funds on behalf of another individual, you can send them a Beneficiary Invitation that will allow them to personally withdraw all funds raised while you continue managing the GoFundMe on their behalf. They can request a withdrawal via bank transfer or check easily from their mobile device or computer.
- Making a withdrawal does not affect your GoFundMe at all! You will be able to continue accepting funds for as long as you would like, and the “amount raised” shown on your GoFundMe will not be changed. Also, once you request a withdrawal, automatic withdrawals will stay turned on for your account.