Stripe is the payment partner that GoFundMe uses for select European countries. These accounts have a few important differences to keep in mind when managing your withdrawals.
You will have a Stripe account if you are located in one of the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and Switzerland
Note: Some fundraisers created in the United States and all fundraisers started in Canada on or after May 29, 2020, are connected to Stripe, but these accounts have a few different features. For more information about these Stripe accounts, please check out these articles instead of continuing here:
How to withdraw on Stripe
- Activate your Stripe account in one of the following ways:
Note: Be sure to activate your Stripe account as soon as possible. If you don't activate within 7 days of your first donation, your fundraiser will stop accepting new donations, and after 21 days all donations to your fundraiser will be refunded.
2. Add a bank account:
- If the funds are for you, you can add your own bank information
- If the funds are intended for someone else, you can add their bank information
Note: Once you add a bank account to Stripe, all future fundraisers created with the same GoFundMe email will be tied to this account.
Once your bank information is verified, funds will automatically be sent on a rolling 7-day basis. For example, a donation received on Monday would be deposited in your bank account the following Monday.
How to change your bank account on Stripe
Once you've activated your Stripe account and added your bank information, you can follow these steps to change your bank account:
- Sign in to your Stripe account
- On the left-hand menu bar, select “Balance” and then "Settings"
- Select "Edit"
- Enter the new bank account information in the fields
- Choose "Update Bank Account" to save
- To close the window, select "Done" in the bottom-right corner
To read more about Stripe and how it works with GoFundMe, read their GoFundMe FAQ here.