Stripe is our partner who processes payments for accounts in select European countries and some older Australian accounts that have not already opted into our new pricing model.
You'll know if your account is connected to Stripe because you will be directed to activate your account with them when you click "Withdraw" for the first time.
How to withdraw with Stripe
You can either click "Withdraw" from your Dashboard and be taken to the Stripe activation screen or you will receive an email to activate your Stripe account. You must do this within 7 days of receiving your first donation. Activation includes verifying your personal information such as your name, address, personal tax ID number and bank account.
You can either withdraw these funds directly to your own bank account first if the funds are for you, or enter your beneficiary's bank information so they can receive the funds directly. Please note that once you add a bank account to Stripe, all future campaigns created with the same GoFundMe email will be tied to this account.
Once you add bank information, funds will automatically be sent to your bank account on a rolling 7-day basis. For example, a donation received on Monday would deposit the following Monday. If you are in Australia, your funds will be sent on a 2-day rolling basis. So if you receive a donation on a Monday, it will be deposited on the following Wednesday.
Important: Be sure activate your Stripe account as soon as possible!
- If you don't activate within 7 days of your first donation, your campaign will stop accepting new donations.
- If you don't activate within 21 days of your first donation, all donations to your campaign will be refunded.
Not getting your Stripe activation email? Sign in to your GoFundMe account, then click here to activate your Stripe account.
To read more about Stripe and how it works with GoFundMe, read their GoFundMe FAQ here.
How to update your bank account on Stripe
Once you've activated your Stripe account and added your bank information, you can follow these steps to update your bank account:
1. Sign in to your Stripe account
2. On the left-hand menu bar, select “Balance” and then "Settings"
3. Select "Edit"
4. Enter the new bank account information in the fields
5. Choose "Update Bank Account" to save
6. To close the window, select "Done" in the bottom-right corner