Stripe is our payment partner for accounts in select European countries and some older Australian accounts that have not already opted into our new pricing model.
Some fundraiser created in Canada on or after May 29, 2020, are connected to Stripe, and these accounts have a few different features. For more information about those types of Stripe accounts, please check out these articles instead of continuing here:
How to withdraw with Stripe
To withdraw with Stripe, you will need to activate your account, then add your bank information. You can activate your account two ways:
- Select “Withdraw” from your GoFundMe Dashboard
- Follow the instructions in the activation email sent from Stripe
Important: Be sure to activate your Stripe account as soon as possible!
If you don't activate within 7 days of your first donation, your fundraiser will stop accepting new donations, and after 21 days all donations to your fundraiser will be refunded.
Adding a bank account:
- If the funds are for you, you can add your own bank information
- If the funds are intended for someone else, you can add their bank information
Please note that once you add a bank account to Stripe, all future fundraisers created with the same GoFundMe email will be tied to this account.
Once you add bank information, funds will automatically be sent on a rolling 7-day basis. For example, a donation received on Monday would deposit the following Monday. If you are in Australia, your funds will be sent on a 2-day rolling basis.
How to update your bank account on Stripe
Once you've activated your Stripe account and added your bank information, you can follow these steps to change your bank account:
- Sign in to your Stripe account
- On the left-hand menu bar, select “Balance” and then "Settings"
- Select "Edit"
- Enter the new bank account information in the fields
- Choose "Update Bank Account" to save
- To close the window, select "Done" in the bottom-right corner
To read more about Stripe and how it works with GoFundMe, read their GoFundMe FAQ here.