To increase the number of people who see your GoFundMe, the first step is to add contacts. When you add a contact, GoFundMe sends an invitation for the contact to check out your GoFundMe. That contact can then choose to opt in to updates, donate, or share. See: Photo of email invitation here.
Important things to note:
- Until you receive your first donation, you can add up to 50 contacts to your account
- After raising at least $5, you can add up to 1,000 contacts (50 at a time). If you need to add more contacts after raising a specific dollar amount, please contact us.
To add contacts:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account and head to your dashboard
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of your screen (or if you're on a mobile device, scroll down instead)
- Select "Contacts"
- To the right of the Search bar, select the three vertical dots and select "Add more contacts"
- Add email contacts individually and select the box to upload that contact or Import your email contacts through your email directly
You can also remove a contact by selecting the three vertical dots by their name and choosing to "Delete contact".
While you are limited to adding up to 50 email contacts at a time, anyone who donates or subscribes to Updates from your GoFundMe will be automatically added to your contact list.
Pro tip: You can use your personal email account to share with unlimited contacts. Just copy and paste your link, and craft a personal email to those you wish to share with. Would you like some tips on what to say when emailing your contact? See: GoFundMe Sharing Templates