When you add a contact, GoFundMe sends an invitation for the contact to check out your GoFundMe. That contact can then choose to opt in to updates, donate, or share. See: Photo of email invitation here.
Important things to note:
- Until you receive your first donation, you can add up to 100 contacts to your account
- After raising at least $5 online, you can add up to 1,000 contacts (50 at a time). If you need to add more contacts after raising a specific dollar amount, please contact us.
To add contacts:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account and locate your campaign dashboard
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of your screen (or if you're on a mobile device, scroll down)
- Select "Contacts"
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of the search bar and choose "Add more contacts"
- From here, you can add email contacts individually or import your email contacts through your email directly
You can also remove a contact by selecting the three vertical dots by their name and choosing to "Delete contact".
While you are limited to adding up to 50 email contacts at a time, anyone who donates or subscribes to updates from your GoFundMe will be automatically added to your contact list.
Pro tip: You can always use your personal email to share your campaign with your contacts. Just include the link to your campaign within your message.
Would you like some tips on what to say when emailing your contact? See: GoFundMe Sharing Templates