After being hit with two earthquakes in one week, and with the death toll rising every day, Mexico needs our help. Here are some ways you can make a difference:
Donate & Support
- Donate to Juanpa, Jérôme, Ben, German, and Diego's Love Army GoFundMe
- Donate to Salma Hayak’s CrowdRise campaign, where funds are going directly to UNICEF Mexico
- Donate to any of our verified GoFundMes
- Become an ambassador for a campaign by sharing it with your friends, family, and community on your social networks
- Pledge to donate $5 a day to different campaigns, and challenge your network to do the same
- If you have friends and family living in Mexico, create a campaign for them (Note: GoFundMe cannot send donations directly to beneficiaries in Mexico; you'll want to withdraw the funds and send them outside of GoFundMe).
- Pro Tip: Add (USD) in the title of your GoFundMe so your donors know the donations are in US dollars, not pesos. See: Can my international friends donate to my campaign?
- Pro Tip: Be sure that you include the following in your campaign story:
- Who you are and where you’re from
- Your relationship or connection to the parties you’re raising funds for
- How the funds will be spent (be as specific as possible)
- Your withdrawal plan to get the funds to the campaign to the ultimate beneficiary/ies
- If you don’t personally know anyone in Mexico, you can create a Certified Charity Campaign so your donors will receive tax receipts. Just click on any of the following links to start creating a campaign for these verified charities:
- You can also create a GoFundMe, withdraw the funds to your bank account, and donate the funds outside of GoFundMe to a verified 501(c)(3) organization in Mexico. Here are a few options:
As always, the GoFundMe team is here for you if you have any questions, 24/7.