When disasters disrupt and damage lives and homes, help is needed. Here are some ways you can make a difference:
Donate & Support
- Donate to any of our verified GoFundMes
- Become an ambassador for a campaign by sharing it with your friends, family, and community on your social networks
Create a Personal Campaign
If you have friends and family living in the affected area, create a campaign for them to provide support for temporary shelter, food, rebuild, and other ongoing expenses.
If your beneficiary is out of cell service, power, or other resources, you can withdraw funds raised on their behalf to allow for more immediate help.
Pro Tip: Be sure that you include the following in your campaign story:
- Who you are and where you’re from
- Your relationship or connection to the parties you’re raising funds for
- How the funds will be spent (be as specific as possible)
- Your withdrawal plan to get the funds to the campaign to the ultimate beneficiary/ies'
Create a Certified Charity Campaign to Support Direct Assistance
Leverage your networks, and start a campaign to raise funds for charities that are directly aiding those affected by the disaster. It's an easy way to make a big impact. GoFundMe has partnered with PayPal Giving Fund to deliver the funds directly to the charity you're raising money for. To learn more about setting up a Certified Charity Campaign, click here.
As always, the GoFundMe team is here for you if you have any questions, 24/7.