As a campaign organizer, you can easily cancel or delete your GoFundMe from within your account.
Important information on ending your GoFundMe:
- Removing your GoFundMe campaign does not automatically refund your donations. To learn about issuing refunds, please check out this article here.
- Removing your campaign doesn't affect your withdrawals at all. Any pending withdrawals will continue to process if you take down your campaign.
- Before ending your fundraiser, we strongly recommend posting a final update to your campaign. A final update will reduce confusion among your supporters about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations.
- Only a campaign organizer has the ability to end or delete a GoFundMe. If you're a beneficiary or a team member, you'll want to reach out to the creator of the campaign.
- Deactivating a campaign is currently not supported on the GoFundMe app, but you can always deactivate your campaign on a computer or mobile browser.
Three ways to end your fundraiser
Turn donations off, but keep the campaign fully visible on GoFundMe.
To do this, choose the green "Edit" button under your campaign title (on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down). Once there go to the "+ Additional options" area. Here you will see the option to turn donations on or off.
Deactivate your campaign.
To do this, choose the green "Edit" button under your campaign title (on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down), then to the "+ Additional options" area. You will see an option to "Deactivate Campaign" at the bottom of your screen. Once you select this button, you'll be asked to post a final update on your account or you can skip the post and simply deactivate the campaign.
Deactivate your campaign and your GoFundMe account altogether.
To do this, go to your "Account Settings" and scroll to the bottom. There, you will see an option to "Delete Account".
Please note that when deactivating a campaign, a summary version will remain so that people can still see your main image and how much you raised. Please contact us if you would like this removed.
If your GoFundMe has been completely removed by our team and it's still showing in Google searches, you can use this link to request that Google removes it from their search indexes.
If your campaign has not received activity for 365 days, it will be set to “Inactive.” When signing in, you will see a banner in your account that lets you know that your campaign is now to “Inactive”.
You can reactivate your campaign by posting an update with these steps:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account here
- Select “Update” on your dashboard (‘+’ button)
- Write your update and choose your share options
- Select “Post update”
If a campaign is in this “Inactive” state for a significant amount of time, it may be deactivated completely. In this case, neither you nor anyone else will be able to view the campaign. You may contact us directly so we can reactivate it for you.
Please note that we hold the right to remove any campaigns or accounts that violate our Terms & Conditions. If your account or campaign has been removed for this reason and you think it is a mistake, please contact us directly.