It is not absolutely necessary for you to connect a Facebook account in order to create a GoFundMe campaign. You can still collect donations and send your campaign to whomever you'd like.
However, becoming Facebook verified has been a key factor for most of our successful campaigns. It's a great way to leverage your community of friends and family that may already exist.
Connecting your Facebook account to GoFundMe to become 'Facebook Verified' does not automatically post anything to your Facebook page. You have total control over what gets posted to your Facebook account. To verify your account using Facebook, you can either sign up using Facebook, or follow the steps below if you've already signed up with email.
From a desktop or laptop computer, please:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Click or tap on the silhouette in the upper-right, then select 'Account Settings' from the drop-down menu.
- Click or tap the 'Facebook' tab on the left
- Click or tap the 'Connect' button
- Sign in to your Facebook account in the pop-up window that appears. If you don't see the Facebook pop-up, please disable your pop-up blocker or try a different web browser.
- Be sure to accept all permissions, or your connection to Facebook won't work properly. Learn more about why GoFundMe needs these permissions.
From a mobile device, please:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account on your mobile device
- Tap the Menu button in the upper left corner (button with 3 lines)
- Tap 'Account Settings'
- Tap the blue 'Connect to Facebook' button. If you are currently logged into Facebook on your phone, it will automatically connect to that Facebook account. If you're not logged in to Facebook on your phone, you'll need to enter your Facebook login information.
- Tap 'OK' and be sure to accept all permissions, or your connection to Facebook won't work properly. Learn more about why GoFundMe needs these permissions.