If someone gives you a donation outside of GoFundMe, or you would like to reflect your own contribution, you can add it as an offline donation. Offline donations will count toward your goal but won't be charged any fees, since the money isn't processed through GoFundMe.
The steps outlined in this article are only for the organizer to follow. If you are the beneficiary, team member, or donor, please contact the organizer to add an offline donation to the fundraiser.
To add an offline donation from a desktop or mobile browser, please:
- Sign in to your account
- Once you are on the 'Manage' screen for your fundraiser, scroll down
- Select 'Donors'
- Next to the 'Search' bar, select the three vertical black dots
- Select 'Add offline donation' and enter the donation information
- Select 'Add donation' to save the information and add it to your fundraiser
To add an offline donation from the GoFundMe app:
- Open the GoFundMe app
- Click "My fundraisers" at the bottom and select your fundraiser.
- Go to the "Manage" section for your fundraiser
- Scroll down and click on "Donations"
- Select the plus sign (+) in the bottom right-hand corner
- Enter the donation information and click on "Save"
Once you complete the appropriate steps, your donor's name, donation amount, and comment will appear on your fundraiser. You can send a thank-you note to your offline donors only through the GoFundMe app. Learn more.
Note: Since offline donations are already in your possession, you won't be able to withdraw them from GoFundMe. Offline donation is a feature that allows you to reflect an accurate total on your page, including what may have been given to you in person.