GoFundMe fees vary by country and campaign type. They can be broken down into two types of fees: a platform fee and payment processing fees.
Starting November 30th, 2017, GoFundMe is introducing a 0% platform fee for personal campaigns created in the United States. Personal campaigns created in the U.S. before this switch will have the ability to opt in to this fee structure for future donations by contacting our team. For any campaign with this fee structure, donors will have the option to give a voluntary tip on top of their donation to help keep GoFundMe a free platform.
For Certified Charity campaigns and all campaigns created outside the United States, GoFundMe automatically deducts a 5% platform fee from each donation you receive.
Payment Processing Fees:
For all campaigns, standard payment processing fees still apply, and in some instances a value-added tax (VAT). Payment processing fees are dependent on both where the campaign is created and where the donation is coming from. You can see payment processing fees for personal campaigns by clicking here for the United States and here for countries outside the U.S.
Payment processing fees for Certified Charity campaigns are 2.9% + $0.30 on each donation.
Since our fee is deducted from each donation in real-time, you'll never need to worry about getting billed or owing us any money.
Keep in mind that:
- There are no fees to sign up or create campaigns.
- All fees are deducted in real-time from donations.
- The rest is made available for you to withdraw. There are no extra fees to make a withdrawal.
- The Amount Raised that is displayed on your campaign will always reflect the total amount of donations made before fees are deducted.
For a list of our supported countries click here.
VAT Fee (UK and Europe)
A value-added tax (VAT) is a way of implementing a consumption tax in Europe, Japan, and many other countries. VAT fees will be collected in addition to any applicable platform fee in countries that require VAT to be collected. You can see VAT fees by country in the table below.
The VAT fee will be deducted from the donation and will be incorporated into GoFundMe's payment processing fee. For example, for EEA issued, UK credit card donation of £100:
- GoFundMe's Platform Fee (UK) 5% = £5
- Payment Processing Fees = 3.5% + £0.24
- Standard Processing Fee (2.5% + £0.24)
- VAT (20% of Platform Fee = 1%)
- Available balance = £91.50
You can see VAT fees by country by clicking here.