You'll need to do this on Facebook instead of your GoFundMe Dashboard. Anytime you share to Facebook directly from GoFundMe, the post will be public to all your Facebook friends.
Here's how you can post a link on your Facebook timeline and customize who sees it:
- Copy and paste your GoFundMe link (ex. http://www.gofundme.com/1a2b3c) into your Facebook status update. Your campaign title, picture and story will automatically appear.
- Click ‘Public’ button and select ‘Custom’ from the drop-down menu
- A new window will appear, giving you the option to show or hide your post from specific people
- Click ‘Save Changes’. You’ll be taken back to your post and, if you hover your mouse over the ‘Custom’ button, you can see who the post is visible to
You can also try the following ways to share with specific Facebook friends:
- Send a private message to a Facebook friend, or create a group message with a few friends.
- Create a private Facebook group and invite all the people you'd like to share with.