Pictures and videos can really share your story and impact your donors in a significant way. When adding a picture, you'll want to be sure to select images that are good quality and highlight your campaign.
Your GoFundMe campaign can have pictures/videos in two places:
- Your main image - This is what appears at the top of your campaign. It's also the image that will appear when you share your campaign on Facebook, Twitter, etc. You will need a main image to create your campaign.
- Your story - This appears below the main image. You can add as many pictures and/or videos as you'd like.
To edit your pictures/videos:
- Sign into your GoFundMe account and head to your dashboard
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of your screen, then choose "Edit" (or if you're on a mobile device, simply scroll down that page and choose "Edit")
- Select "Photo" to change your main image, and select "Story" to edit the photos/videos you added to your story
Having trouble uploading a photo?
Here are a few possible reasons why:
- Make sure your image isn't too small. We recommend pictures that are 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall.
- Make sure your image is horizontally-oriented. Portrait-shaped pictures don't appear well as your main image.
- Try using another web browser or device if the photo upload tool keeps 'thinking'
Note that if you are uploading a video, it will need to be uploaded to a video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo first. Then you can add the link to your video onto your campaign page.