You can make a donation to any GoFundMe using most major credit and debit cards.
When making your donation, you'll want to make sure that you are making the payment using your name as it's listed on the card. If you need to change the way your name appears afterwards, you can always edit your name.
Donations may fail for a few reasons, including:
- Typos in your card number, CVV code or postcode
- The donation name doesn't match your card's billing name
- Insufficient funds or card declines by credit card issuers (can happen if your donation attempt seems outside your normal spending habits)
- Browser issues or issues with your internet connection (sending encrypted card information requires a strong internet connection)
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot this:
- Enter the registered name and zip code exactly as seen on your billing statements.
- Try your donation again using a different web browser and/or device.
- If all else fails, call your bank and ask them to make sure they aren't blocking the payment
If that didn’t work, please contact our team and we'll help you troubleshoot your donation. Make sure you let us know if you've already tried some of our troubleshooting tips!