You can make a donation to any GoFundMe using most major credit and debit cards.
When making your donation, make sure you use your name as it's listed on the card. If you need to change the way your name appears afterward, you can always edit your name.
Donations may fail for a few reasons, including:
- Typos in your card number, CVV code or postcode
- The donation name doesn't match the name on your card
- Insufficient funds or card declines by credit card issuers (can happen if your donation attempt seems outside your normal spending habits)
- Browser issues or issues with your internet connection (sending encrypted card information requires a strong internet connection)
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot a failing donation:
- Enter the registered name and zip code exactly as seen on your billing statements.
- Try your donation again using a different web browser and/or device.
- Call your bank and ask them to make sure they aren't blocking the payment.