Donations may fail for a few reasons, including:
- typos in your card number, CVV code or post code
- donation name doesn't match your card's billing name
- insufficient funds or card declines by credit card issuers (can happen if your donation attempt seems outside your normal spending habits)
- browser issues or issues with your internet connection (sending encrypted card information requires a strong internet connection)
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot this:
- Enter the registered name and zip code exactly as seen on your billing statements.
- Try your donation again using a different web browser and/or device.
- If all else fails, call your bank and ask them to make sure they aren't blocking the payment
If that didn’t work, please contact our team and we'll help you troubleshoot your donation. Make sure you let us know if you've already tried some of our troubleshooting tips!
Don't be concerned if you're seeing extra pending charges on your bank statement. Credit card companies may show attempted charges on statements as a security precaution to let their customers know how their cards are being used. These charges will usually drop off within 24 hours of your payment attempt, once your bank sees that the payment didn't actually go through.
Contact us below if you're still seeing those charges after a few days.