Making a donation anonymous means that your name will not be visible to the public on the campaign page.
For security reasons, you cannot make an entirely anonymous donation:
- The organizer and beneficiary will always be able to see your name
- You are required to enter the name on the credit card when making a donation. Using a name other than what is on the credit card you’re donating with may result in your donation being refunded.
For more information and a helpful video about the donation process, please click here.
How to make your donation anonymous after donating:
- Locate the donation receipt in your email; if you’re having trouble finding it, try searching “Thank you for your donation to” in your inbox.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the receipt, under "Increase your impact"
- Select the green, underlined "Add a comment", which will bring you to your GoFundMe account.
- Toggle "Make donations & comments private" to the right, under “Privacy and communication”. If you prefer your donation to be public, please toggle the option to the left.
If you do not have your donation receipt, please follow these steps to request a new one through our contact form:
- Follow this link to our contact form here
- Select “Making or managing a donation” under “Which best describes you?”
- Select “Requesting a new copy of your receipt”
- Enter the email address you used to make the donation
- Select “Get Donation Receipt”
Steps to change donation to anonymous from donation receipt.
How to make your donation anonymous before donating:
- Visit the GoFundMe you’d like to support and select the "Donate Now" button
- Choose the "Don't display name publicly on the campaign" option underneath the donation amount and name fields
- Click “donate now” to finalize your donation
Steps to donate anonymously shown above.