Making a donation anonymous means your name won’t be visible to the public on the fundraiser page.
For security reasons, you can’t make an entirely anonymous donation, and the organizer and beneficiary will always be able to see your name.
You’re required to enter the name on the credit card when making a donation, but you’ll have the option to make it anonymous after. Using a name other than what is on the credit card you’re donating with may result in your donation being refunded.
For more information about the donation process, please click here.
How to make your donation anonymous after donating:
Please note, you’ll only be able to edit your donation within 14 days of the donation being made. If you’d like to make your donation anonymous after 14 days, please contact our team for help.
- Locate the donation receipt in your email; if you’re having trouble finding it, try searching “Thank you for your donation to” in your inbox
- Scroll to the section titled "Increase your impact"
- Select the green, underlined "Add a comment", which will bring you to your GoFundMe account
- Select “Edit” in the display section
- Check the box that says “Don’t display my information publicly on the fundraiser.”, click “Save”
If you don’t have your donation receipt, please follow these steps to request a new one through our contact form:
- Follow the link to our contact form here
- Enter your email address in the prompt and click “Get donation receipt”
How to make your donation anonymous before donating:
- Visit the GoFundMe you’d like to support and select the "Donate Now" button
- Choose the "Don't display name publicly on the campaign" option underneath the donation amount and name fields
- Click “Donate now” to finalize your donation